Discover the treasures of the land by sea on board luxurious yachts that are built on an intimate, human scale. French crew, expertise, attentive service, gastronomy: set sail in a five-star environment and enjoy a travel experience that is simultaneously authentic and sophisticated.
Protecting the environmentParticularly committed to the preservation of the environment, PONANT minimizes its impact on the planet with ships purpose-built to reduce our footprint, and a philosophy of respect and protection of the world. With a resolute desire to be the leader in this field, we pursue a strong ecological policy each and every day that includes:
- Environmental regulatory compliance of our operations and anticipation of new regulations that are likely to have an impact on our activities,
- Implementation of best practices in recycling and reuse of solid waste and waste water,
- Certification of our ships by the international “Clean Ship” label, which certifies minimal environmental impact,
- Use of green equipment on our four sisterships, such as a quiet and economical electric propulsion system, MDO (Marine Diesel Oil) engines, which are lighter and produce less pollution, and a sonar sand-bank detection system,
- The pursuit of energy efficiency and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions,
- Development of techniques, procedures and partnerships in order to preserve marine biodiversity and the coastal environment and to respect the communities that we visit.
A signatory of the La Charte Bleue d’Armateurs de France, PONANT is also a member of the International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators (IAATO), working to safeguard flora and fauna in the most sensitive climates through the adoption of responsible behavior.
Our CSR approach
Since 2014, PONANT has adopted a CSR policy and is committed, through measures and regular checks, to:
- Excelling in health and safety management
- Taking good care of our staff
- Applying best practices in terms of environmental protection to the entirety of its supply chain