Beyond the Polar Circle
* Subject to availability.
- Outings and shore visits in Zodiac®inflatables with a team of experienced naturalist guides.
- Lectures and information sessions hosted by our naturalist-guides, covering wildlife, history, geopolitics, the great explorers, climate, environmental protection…
- Antarctic Polar Circle crossing.
- Hiking opportunity.
- Landscapes: moors scattered with moss and lichen, white-sand beaches and turquoise waters in the Falkland Islands; alpine landscapes, lush green plains and suspended glaciers in South Georgia; drifting icebergs, ice floe, glaciers and snow-capped mountains in the Antarctic Peninsula.
- Wildlife: black-browed albatrosses, snowy albatrosses, Magellanic penguins, Gentoo penguins and southern rockhopper penguins in the Falkland Islands; king penguins, elephant seals, fur seals and macaroni penguins in South Georgia; humpback whales, Gentoo penguins, Adelie penguins, chinstrap penguins, leopard seals, crabeater seals and Weddell seals in the Antarctic Peninsula.
- Educational discovery in the respect of environment.
- New: for your comfort, your cruise package includes an overnight in Buenos Aires the day before embarkation and the flights to/from Ushuaia (for details, see the “cruise package” tab).
Domestic flights included
Staterooms & Suites
There are no staterooms available for booking. Please contact our cruise advisors.
Designed in 2013 and loyal to the PONANT spirit, Le Soléal like her sisterships embodies the subtle alliance between luxury, intimacy and wellbeing which is Ponant’s signature. The elegance of her exterior and interior lines and her intimate size (only 132 staterooms and suites)make this a rare and innovative yacht on the cruise market.
With her fluid lines and a modern colour scheme combining natural wood with shades of grey and white, Le Soléal presents references to a nautical theme.
Port of call & excursions
Overnight in Buenos Aires + flight Buenos Aires/Ushuaia + visit + flight Ushuaia/Buenos Aires
For your serenity, PONANT has organized the following included programme for you, which starts the day prior to embarkation
The day before embarkation – Buenos Aires
Meet and greet at the hotel by our local representative. Check-in from late morning.
Lunch on your own and time at leisure in the afternoon.
Overnight at the hotel.
Embarkation Day – Buenos Aires/Ushuaia
An early morning breakfast will be served before leaving to the airport for you flight Buenos Aires – Ushuaia.
Transfer to the airport.
Flight Buenos Aires/Ushuaia selected by PONANT in economy class. Approximate flight duration: 3 hours, 30 min.
Meet and greet at the airport (English-speaking assistance).
Depending on your choice made when booking your cruise (options not combinable):
You will be transferred to a restaurant for lunch.
When booking the cruise, guests willing to visit the Tierra del Fuego National Park will be able to sign up for an optional group excursion, with extra cost. If you decide to do so, please note that immediately upon arrival at Ushuaia airport, you will leave towards the Park where you will have lunch before starting the tour.
Created in 1960, the park which covers 63 000 hectares (155 670 acres) is located in the south west of the Tierra del Fuego Province on the Beagle Canal. One of his entries stands slightly over 6 miles from Ushuaia.
Mountainous landscapes, lagoons, bogs, and rivers draw a picturesque scenery reinforced by the southern position of the park itself. The Darwin Mountains, which represent the southern part of the Andes Mountains are mainly responsible for such landscape. The Park is only partly accessible to the public and this tour will provide you with the opportunity to discover the local flora and sub-Antarctic landscapes. If you get lucky, you may encounter beavers, dams, birds, wild orchids, etc… This is a true paradise for Nature Lovers!
Lunch will be served in a local restaurant within the Park.
(Please note that the Tierra del Fuego excursion is subject to a minimum of participants: if this number is not reached, our operator will not be able to guarantee the departure – In this case, you will be given the option to join the “Lunch in Ushuaia” programme.)
At the end of your visit, you will return to Ushuaia and the port, for embarkation on your vessel.
– Cruise on board your ship
Disembarkation Day – Ushuaia/Buenos Aires
Meet and greet at the port (English-speaking assistance).
Transfer to the airport in time for check-in of the flight Ushuaia/Buenos Aires selected by PONANT in economy class.
Approximate flight duration: 3 hours, 30 min.
Your programme includes:
- 1-night accommodation in a 4* hotel the night before embarkation.
- Early check-in available from late morning.
- Hospitality desk at the hotel in Buenos Aires.
- Return flight Buenos Aires/Ushuaia/Buenos Aires selected by PONANT, in economy class.
- Services of local guides, in Ushuaia.
- Meals as mentioned in the programme and beverage package.
- Transfers as mentioned in the programme.
For your optional Tierra del Fuego National Park excursion, your programme includes:
Please note if you choose this excursion, it is not combinable with “Lunch in Ushuaia” programme and therefore replaces it.
- The excursion by local bus and the entrance fees to the National Park
- The lunch including beverage package.
- Transfers and visit as mentioned in the programme
- The services of a local English speaking guide
Your programme does not include:
- Transfer between airport and hotel in Buenos Aires, the day before embarkation.
- Tips for the local guide.
- Personal expenses.
- Other meals and services not mentioned in the programme.
- The local currency is the Argentinian Peso. You will be able to make most of your purchases in USD (in small denominations) or by credit card, accepted in most hotels, shopping centres and boutiques. You will also be able to retrieve Pesos from the ATM’s.
- Summer season in Buenos Aires: temperatures may be very hot, but often between 68 °F (20 °C) and 95 °F (35 °C).
- Summer season in Ushuaia: temperatures vary between 41 °F (5 °C) and 65 °F (15 °C)
- We recommend you wear warm clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
Programme is subject to change.
To know your PONANT flight schedule, please contact your travel agent; it is also indicated on your electronic ticket included in your travel documents.