Ocean Voyage : Vancouver - Honolulu
Staterooms & Suites
There are no cabins available for booking. Please contact our cruise advisors.
Designed in 2013 and loyal to the PONANT spirit, Le Soléal like her sisterships embodies the subtle alliance between luxury, intimacy and wellbeing which is Ponant’s signature. The elegance of her exterior and interior lines and her intimate size (only 132 staterooms and suites)make this a rare and innovative yacht on the cruise market.
With her fluid lines and a modern colour scheme combining natural wood with shades of grey and white, Le Soléal presents references to a nautical theme.
Port of call & excursions
VancouverEmabarkation 04/09/2016 from 07H00 to 11H00 . Departure 04/09/2016 at 16H00 .
Verdant and cosmopolitan, Vancouver is one of Canadaﾒs most multi-cultural cities. Located in British Columbia on Canadaﾒs west coast, itﾒs surrounded by mountains and outdoor activities are popular. In the city, you can immerse yourself in the Asian atmosphere of bustling Chinatown, shop for pashminas and silk saris at the Punjabi Market Indian district and explore the historic area of ﾠGastown. Vancouver Art Gallery is known for works by regional artists, while the Museum of Anthropology houses important First Nations collections. Granville Island Jetty is a fascinating revitalised industrial area that hosts galleries, restaurants and a huge produce market.
5 September 2016 - At seaArrival 05/09/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 05/09/2016 at 00H00 .
6 September 2016 - At seaArrival 06/09/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 06/09/2016 at 00H00 .
7 September 2016 - At seaArrival 07/09/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 07/09/2016 at 00H00 .
8 September 2016 - At seaArrival 08/09/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 08/09/2016 at 00H00 .
9 September 2016 - At seaArrival 09/09/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 09/09/2016 at 00H00 .
10 September 2016 - At seaArrival 10/09/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 10/09/2016 at 00H00 .
11 September 2016 - At seaArrival 11/09/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 11/09/2016 at 00H00 .
HonoluluDisembarkation 12/09/2016 at 07H00 .
Located on the island of Oahu, capital of Hawaii, Honolulu, offers its visitors a different image of the American dream: young women wrapped in sarongs, colourful cocktails and coconut trees. Here, the sun is divine, the waves a surfers’ dream, and its volcano, Diamond Head, are all features that will win your heart. The view from Diamond Head is simply incredible. But Honolulu is also about art museums, cycling tracks, the famous Waikiki beach and a tourist district with festive night-time animation. As for amateurs of history, the Iolani and Ali-iolani Hale palaces provide insight into the singular destiny of this State.
We remind you that all our ships, with the exception of Le Ponant, have a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which we will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that we are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide us, no more than 45 days before departure, with a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.
The information below is current but subject to change at any time without advance notice from government authorities. Please consult your respective government agencies for visa and health information.
Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the completion of your trip. Passport must contain at least two completely clear, blank, unused visa pages for each visa required, not including any amendment pages. Visa pages with stains or ink from other pages in the passport are not usable. Guests who deviate from the scheduled embarkation or disembarkation port should research the foreign entry requirements for the port country. Due to government regulations, regrettably, Ponant will have to deny boarding to any guest who fails to obtain the appropriate travel documentation for this trip.
Canada: Entry by air - The eTA is required for Australian and British citizens, US citizens are exempt. Other nationalities, please contact Canada consulate website for details. http://www.canada.ca/en/index.html
USA: Should your flight transit via the USA, a visa or ESTA may be required. Please contact USA consulate website for details.
Groups travel consultant
Over 30 years as tiur guide all over the world , more than 25 years tour guiding western Canada and western US
More than 20 years as tour director guiding in Yukon territory and Alaska
Member of Alaska Geographic
Patrick BRISSAC was born in Guadeloupe, as a grand-son of fishermen he naturally turned to the sea. Avid viewer of submarine movies and adventures of the Calypso, he turned to scuba diving.At the start this hobby, which was only leisure activity, enabled him to discover many foreign destinations, such as Maldives, the red sea, and closer to France: the Méditerranée.
In 1986, he decided to share his passion with novice divers and became a diving instructor. He successfully obtained the french national scuba diving instructor's certificate from the French youth ministery, and the French Federation of scuba diving.. Beside pedagogy, submarine biology also became a passion.
In 1990, he became PADI course director, which means diving instructors’ trainer in the famous PADI international organization. This allowed him to transfer his knowledge and passion to newly qualified divers trainers.
In 1991, seduced by the Ponant Company’s project, he boarded a sailboat Le Ponant , which allowed him to come back in west indies and make passagers discover the seabed’s beauty from his roots.
From that period onward, he became a manager and a consultant for Ponant Company’s scuba diving on board while he used to manage his own diving center in Marseille, his new home.
He’s now expanding this activity for the company's fleet of boats to new destinations while he’s presenting “the diving according to Ponant”.
Possibility of withdrawal in case of force majeure.
- During these voyages, we are offering you an entirely sea-based crossing, there are no ports of call (except possibly for technical reasons), nor any onboard entertainment, and no transfers provided. Likewise, the catering is less elaborate than for other cruises. Although no entertainment is organized, you are free to discover what life is like aboard our ships by spending time with the crew who will be happy to share their experiences with you.
- To facilitate embarkation, we suggest that you spend the night before departure in the city that your ship leaves from. Similarly, on the day of disembarkation we advise you to reserve a flight that leaves at the end of that day or the day after your arrival.
- All administrative information is given for information only. Regarding health regulations and advice, you need to contact your doctor.
- We remind you that all our ships, with the exception of Le Ponant, have a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which we will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that we are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide us, no more than 45 days before departure, with a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.
- These cruises depend on there being a minimum number of passengers. Your voyage will therefore be reconfirmed 45 days prior to your departure at the latest.